DIRECTOR OF FINANCIAL CONTROL II Job Number: 00121186
Job Posting: Jan 22, 2018, 4:23:25 PM Closing Date: Feb 23, 2018, 5:59:00 AM Full-time Shift Start Time: 8:00 A.M. Shift End Time: 4:00 P.M.
Posting Salary : COMPETITIVE
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer-CCHHS, provides support in preparing financial reports for Cook County Health & Hospitals System (CCHHS). Assists in the preparation of detailed financial statements and bank reconciliations. Ensures that all documentation complies with company's regulations, professional standards and associated guidelines.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited institution (official transcripts due at time of interview)
· Three (3) years of experience in financial statement preparation
· Three (3) years of experience in financial auditing
· Master's degree in Business Administration from an accredited institution, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
· Experience in the development of accounting policies and procedures
· Two (2) years of experience in financial healthcare environment
· Three (3) years of experience in governmental accounting or auditing
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
· Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles
· Knowledge of financial guidelines
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a patient population composed of diverse cultures and age groups
· Excellent program development, management, and leadership skills
· Demonstrate good phone and email etiquette skills with strong response times
· Demonstrate analytical and organizational, problem-solving, critical thinking, and conflict management/resolution skills
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
· Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
· Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question,
The Cook County Health & Hospitals System’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County.
CCHHS is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.
The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCHHS is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.