The Society for Neuroscience (SfN) is searching for a Digital Programs Coordinator to act as the virtual conference project manager. This role includes volunteer management, guiding content development, and coordinating efforts across multiple departments.
The Coordinator ensures successful planning, execution, and reporting of events. They will also develop processes and systems to support this key part of SfN's growing digital learning program. The Coordinator will facilitate internal communications related to virtual conferences, complete programmatic and administrative tasks, and work closely with other departments to align virtual conference planning with overall digital learning strategy and technical capability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as central liaison between departments for coordinating programmatic and planning efforts for at least four virtual conferences annually, ensuring successful and timely execution of conference planning milestones.
- Develop and manage cross-team timeline for each virtual conference.
- Act as the main contact for volunteer organizers and speakers; administer scheduling, planning, collection of materials, and communication for all virtual conferences.
- Work with staff liaisons in programmatic departments to facilitate SfN committees' selection of virtual conference topics and organizers and to ensure that conferences remain true to the topics selected by committees.
- Facilitate planning efforts by virtual conference organizers, such as determining the vision for the conference, drafting the conference agenda, inviting speakers, and organizing the sessions.
- Work with key departments to plan and coordinate digital event logistics, including working with vendors to set up registration, the virtual environment, and event sessions.
- Work with key departments on communicating timelines for and facilitating review of collected materials to ensure timely and accurate publishing of virtual conference registration and agenda pages on Neuronline.
- Work with key teams to coordinate conference marketing, branding, sponsorships/exhibits, and communications. Ensure scientific copy is fully vetted by subject matter experts.
- Coordinate responsibilities and a punch list for conference live-day.
- Execute post-meeting activities, including processing faculty reimbursements, leading lessons learned meetings, and updating online information.
- Establish processes and SOPS for managing virtual conferences programming and speaker communications.
- Work with key teams to coordinate conference evaluation efforts.
- Prepare reports for internal and external stakeholder groups.