As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
This position is responsible for:
Partnering with the Quality, Operations and IT equivalents of Delaware/Florida to proactively establish synergy, common methodology, and efficiencies for the Nemours wide Patient Quality/Safety program. Responsible for utilizing quality methodologies to design improvement processes in order to create meaningful use of current information systems to improve health and care . Designs databases to assure the availability of accurate and timely data analyses. Supports clinical data analysis and production for various quality projects. Supports clinical data mining of EPIC and other associated systems to capitalize on effective electronic reporting. Responsible for clinical data chart abstraction as necessary.
Collaborates with multiple leadership teams within Nemours’ operational units primarily at NCH. Supports the data needs of forums where CI/ IT/quality and safety initiatives can be reviewed, discussed, and supported. Coordinates the production and tracking of key clinical quality and administrative indicators including validation activity for Departments and Divisions. Provides support to the development and production of operational clinical reports from EPIC and otherwise as needed. Participates in continuous improvement events as assigned. Supports post implementation continuous improvement efforts through the measurement and monitoring of desired outcomes.
1. Effective collaboration with Enterprise EMR leaders and teams concerning patient safety and /or processes as appropriate.
2. Works collaboratively with the Corporate Quality and Safety Data Analysis team to acknowledge and identify the best routes to pursue in both informatics and quality improvement to meet all needs and goals on individual, practice and organizational levels.
3. Creating, facilitating, and evaluating quality improvement and EMR optimization activities within Nemours.
4. Supports the production of data for select national collaboratives as appropriate and necessary.
5. Assures timely, thorough and accurate documentation of EMR Performance Improvement activities within the organization in relationship to Nemours sites.
6. In collaboration with the Corporate Office of Quality and Safety, maintains an ongoing knowledge of the literature identifying “Best Practices” and “Benchmarks” for clinical quality initiatives and disseminates that information to appropriate members of the health care team.
1. Participates in various organizational committees as assigned.
2. Supports data production of NCH True North indicators as assigned.
3. To support efficiencies across the Nemours’ Enterprise, works closely with the Corporate Manager of Technical Operations of Quality and Safety with data and technical projects to reduce duplication and redundancy of effort.
4. Stays current on technological aspects of the position.
5. Observes the Nemours’ standards of behaviors with the goal of maintaining positive relationships which support the success of organizational goals. Displays strong collaboration with the Corporate Quality and Safety team along with various constituents at NCH and throughout Nemours.
1. Quantitative and Qualitative analytical skills to perform the above functions.
2. Ability to introduce the concepts of Health IT and practice workflow redesign as instruments of quality improvement.
3. Strong communication and presentation skills, including verbal, written, PowerPoint (or similar program) and classroom teaching.
4. Word Processing, spreadsheet utilization and database management and querying
5. Strong team facilitation skills
6. Ability to develop and implement quality improvement initiatives as assigned.
7. Ability to develop data bases and produce reports that meet the needs of the organization in the review and analysis of clinical data.
8. Ability to produce impactful analysis
9. Displays a strong working knowledge of quality and safety methodologies within healthcare.
1. Individual must possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, in a Health care related field such a nursing, medical technology, business or healthcare management.
2. Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
3. CPHQ or other nationally recognized quality/safety credential preferred.
4. Two years of verifiable/current experience directly related to electronic health record project/process management, preferred.
5. Clinical experience in healthcare related quality and safety initiatives and data analytics preferred.
6. Minimum of 3 years of progressively more responsible experience in health care
7. Experience in quality analytics with use of EPIC preferred.
8. Demonstrated experience in the production of reports and work with data bases preferably in a healthcare provider setting and on an organizational –wide basis
9. Experience in hospital based quality improvement efforts
10. Experience in utilizing a variety of quality methodologies/models
11. Experience in the use and manipulation of databases.
12. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
Nemours is a pediatric health system of hospitals and specialty clinics serving children and families throughout the Delaware Valley and Florida. Our dedicated professionals integrate medical care, research, health education, and prevention to help improve the lives of children every day.